With everything going online today, welcome to the era of E-commerce!
Rising technology and digitalization are making things more accessible than ever before, and business is no exception to this. These days, you can build an eCommerce store all by yourself, making the entire world your market using various platforms, eradicating the costs of graphic and web designers.
You can with minimum efforts convert your website into a functional online store with all necessary features using e-commerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce. You can design your website using extensions, plugins, and themes with these platforms. You can even enable customer support, checkout process by supporting payment gateways and much more.
WooCommerce & Shopify are extremely powerful, flexible and tools to launch your online store quickly. Like, every coin has two sides, and the same is the case with these platforms. By now, you must be confused; how would you know which one is right for you? So, in this blog, I will take you through the features, pros & cons of both platforms, helping you decide the right fit.
WooCommerce is an open-source, free plugin for WordPress that converts your website into an eCommerce store. WooCommerce empowers your freedom of choice & customizing every aspect of your website, starting from themes to payment gateways. Of course, it does require a proper familiarity with coding. Some of the plugins of WooCommerce, like shipping, security, membership, are chargeable.
Pros of WooCommerce:
- WooCommerce is a customizable open-source plugin for WordPress offering a tailor-made seamless experience with the help of coding.
- WooCommerce offers excellent flexibility and adaptability
- You can efficiently update the functionality of your online store like customer support, payment methods, third party plugins with the help of hundreds of plugins and extensions
- Most of the plugins of WooCommerce are entirely free and compatible with WordPress
- 50000+ compatible plugin
Cons of WooCommerce
- You must need WordPress installed to run the WooCommerce.
- Well, you might need to pay something out of your pocket to use the additional features like themes, hosting, security, etc.
- Using WooCommerce is not everyone’s cup of tea as it needs some prior knowledge of coding.
Steep learning curve.
- You will be required to do maintenance as WooCommerce is a Self-hosted platform
When it comes to ease, Shopify is a premium one-stop solution for taking your business online as it offers all the necessary features. Even if you are unaware of any basic coding, you can still use Shopify quite smoothly as it does most of the work for you. Though Shopify is a fully hosted eCommerce platform that takes care of all the technical functions, it is not the best option for customization…
Pros of Shopify
- One of the Premium eCommerce platforms offering ease in building an online store.
- You can add functionalities with the help of inbuilt Consist of built-in apps and features to add functionality.
- Shopify is excellent at customer support with 24/7 availability.
- Focus on designing your website without worrying about the technical operations
- Easy access and integration to social media.
- Compatible with over 1000 apps
- Fully hosted platform and required no manual maintenance
Cons of Shopify
- Shopify is not a free platform, and it comes with paid installation and a monthly fee.
- Limited room for customization.
- Shopify has its own transaction payment gateway
- No apps and extensions for free.
Which one is the best and go-to platform for your business?
After surfing through all the pros and cons of both the popular eCommerce platforms, you must be wondering which one is best for you and your business?
Let’s run through a few things before you decide which e-commerce platform you should use.
WooCommerce can be a great option if you plan on a large-scale online store and freedom to customize. WooCommerce is perfect for tech-savvy people who can figure out technical aspects and code and own their domain, hosting, and database. It offers you the opportunity to pick any WordPress theme you like without restricting yourself to the ones they offer. We strongly recommend WooCommerce to those who are planning expansion their store, want to change the look and feel of the checkout shopping cart, add international rates and other adjustments you like to make to fit in perfectly with your needs.
Shopify can be the ablest option if you want to ease your online store with no customization needs. Shopify as e-commerce is straightforward to use and can take you and your business online in a short period. Everything you need to operate your e-commerce, successfully is easy to follow and can be managed in one place. Even if you are not technically equipped, you can still run an online store with some friendly adjustments to make a simple online store a reality using customer support. If you are ready to pay a fixed monthly price, Shopify is best for taking your business online to sell the product digitally or physically with easy management.
You can even go through various other e-Commerce platform options, both free and premium ones, to find your perfect match.